AGC Credit Union Privacy Statement
AGC Credit Union is committed to providing you with financial products and services to help you reach your financial goals. The credit union is required by law to give you a privacy notice. If after reading this notice you have concerns or questions, please contact us at 1-800-251-0441 ext. 7335 or 423-229-7335.
The following is a description of the information we collect and disclose, including the parties who receive nonpublic information from us as we conduct business of the credit union. This notice also explains your right to inform us if you do not want us to disclose certain information about you to other parties.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about your from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or others
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial companies, such as insurance companies and mortgage service companies, and
- Non-financial companies, such as, consumer reporting agencies and retailers.
Disclosure of Information to Parties that Provide Services to Us
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above to the companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We only work with companies who agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. As a result of these arrangements, we may also disclose all of the information we collect, as described above. We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, or follow your instructions as you authorized or protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you decide to terminate your membership with AGC Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who need to know what information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Help
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PIN (Personal Identification Numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card. This can provide free access to your accounts if your card is stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social numbers, etc. To other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should be aware. Official credit union staff wilt have access to your account information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please contact us.
Electronic Privacy and Security
AGC Credit Union has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information within our Website. Visitors to our Website will remain anonymous unless you choose to provide personal information by submitting forms or applications contained within this site. The personal information you provide will be used discretely and solely for the use of the AGC Credit Union to better serve its members.
Collecting User Information
Our Web server collects standard, non-identifying information about our Website visitors such as the date, time, Web page visited, and IP address. We may also collect e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail. This information is used to compile statistics and aggregate information on the usage of our Website. We use this information to improve the content of our Website, and to better serve our customers through special marketing and service programs. This information will only be used internally by the AGC Credit Union and we will not share this information with other organizations. We do not compile, buy, sell, rent or trade customer e-mail lists. We do not make the e-mail addresses of those who access our Website available to others.
AGC Credit Union will NEVER ask its members to provide sensitive information such as credit card, account, or social security numbers by e-mail. If you receive an e-mail that appears to be sent from AGC Credit Union asking for this or any other personal information, please do not respond to it but report it to the credit union immediately. You may be the victim of a "phishing" attempt. Phishing is a fraudulent attempt to acquire personal information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and website logins. These attacks typically impersonate a trusted organization through the use of falsified emails and websites.
Online Banking Security